Both taste and shelf life are influenced by the amount of dissolved CO2 gas in beverages. A reliable measurement method is the key to accurate and diagnostically conclusive monitoring of the in-pack CO2 content. NICO uses a unique laser-basedmeasuring technology developed and patented by Steinfurth. The instrument operates independently of packaging related parameters and headspace diameter. A global first, NICO is the only non-invasive handheld CO2 analysis solution on the market.
The extremely fast and non-invasive measuring principle allows measurement of the CO2 content throughout the complete supply chain of sealed transparent beverage containers - NICO enables the possibility for QA monitoring at different stages of the beverage production cycle from bottling, storage, transport and in market testing. Despite of the unique technology all measuring results are 100% comparable with traditional CO2 measurement data (by using the reliable calculation of the CO2 content from equilibrium pressure and temperature – based on the Henry’s law).
NICO SCORES WITH EASE OF USE
NICO analysis steps are simple. Create equilibrium at the time of measurement, by briefly pre-shaking the container. Then simply place the NICO on the bottle closure and move back and forth horizontally over the headspace area of the container. NICO will do the rest.
As part of the NICO unique analysis technique, the packaging influences are continuously analyzed and taken into account along with real time data for pressure and temperature, which is also displayed on the measurement screen. The rapid measurement cycle of approximately 10 seconds, is completed once the device has collected sufficient information to make its analysis. The final pressure, temperature and CO2 results are automatically displayed on the touchscreen and captured in the instruments on board memory for retrieval when required.
|業務||Beverages, Food Industry, Pharmacy, Packaging Industry|
|自動化程度||Semi-automatic Machine - analog|
- Non-destructive CO2 measurement
- Compact & mobile design
- Easy handling & extremely fast measurements
- Rechargeable standard battery
- Data transfer via WiFi & QR-code
- Complex mathematical model for precise pressure & temperature measurement
- Live access and distribution of the measuring data via smartphone, tablet or PC
- CO2: Range: 0-10 vol / 0-20g/L, Accuracy: < 2%, Repeatability: < 1.2%
- Pressure: Range: 14-87 PSI, Accuracy: < 1.5%, Repeatability: < 0.5%
- Temperature: 5 - 35 °C, Accuracy/Repeatability: < 0.25%
- Measuring time: < 15 s
- Dimensions: 160 x 220 x 110 (H x W x D)
- Weight: 1200g (with battery)
- Laser class: 1M