For beverage filler and closure manufacturer, the opening performance of twist closures is an important quality parameter. The OPT 180 opens a closure quickly and reproducibly on the original thread. Meanwhile, it records torque, rotation angle, vertical movement, pressure and temperature.
The OPT doesn’t exert any vertical force on the closure, making a blow-off-effect clearly visible. The recorded data is transferred to a PC and evaluated there.
- A cut preform or bottle neck is fitted to a test bottle. The gas volume is adjusted by filling the bottle.
- The OPT 180 closes automatically the bottle, pressurizes the test bottle and opens the closure after a short period of time.
|Industry||Beverages, Food Industry, Pharmacy, Packaging Industry|
|Automation Level||Fully Automatic Machine|
|Measuring Methods||Physical Performance Test Method - Opening Performance Test|
- Test on original thread with test bottle
- Test with original beverage possible
- Adjustable gas volume and pressure
- Reproducible testing results
- Recording of torque, rotation angle, vertical movement, pressure and temperature
- Closing mode with defined torque
- Simple blow-off detection
- Menu-based user interface
- Programmable test parameters
- Safety door
- Opening revolutions: 180 RPM
- Torque: 0...50 in-lbs
- Pressure: -1...9 bar (-14.5...130 psi)
- Temperature: -5...95 °C (23...203°F)
- Vertical movement: 0...80 mm
- Scanning speed: 100 Hz
- Ambient temperature: 0...40°C (32...104°F)