Lower precision and higher vulnerability of optical CO2 measurement methods prohibit their primary use for analysis of carbon-dioxide packed beverages. The new OST (Steinfurth Optical Shelf Life Tester) combines the non-destructive functionality of the optical measurement with another precise measuring method delivering on this way a new interesting application for this technology.
The optical method is used for resource saving process monitoring and the high precise measurement (Steinfurth CDA) for system calibration and accurate measurement of the true carbon-dioxide content. With this setup the number of samples needed for CO2 shelf-life monitoring can be dramatically reduced and the most optimal process timing for accurate measurement estimated. With the exclusive combination of sample preparation and optical measurement (including the automatic measurement of the bottle neck diameter) in only one device Steinfurth OST is the most perfect solution for non-destructive and storage room saving shelf life analysis in packed beverages.
The complete batch of test samples is measured in the OST. Following one of the samples is tested in Steinfurth CDA. All samples are tested in defined, regular time sequences and only when measuring differences are recognized additionally tested in the CDA.
|Employment||CO2 Self life testing|
|Measurement Categories||CO2, Pressure, Temperature|
|Objects||Soft drinks, beer, wine, food|
|Specifics||Non-destructive CO2 measurement|
|Automation Level||Fully Automatic Machine|
- non-destructive CO2 measurement
- dramatic reduction of stored samples
- flexible programmable test procedures
- User independent, automatic operation
- Low maintenance requirements
- Easy, intuitive operation
- New testing possibilities
- Automatic measurement of the neck diameter
- Packaging type: Glass or PET bottles
- Pressure range: 0,5 – 8 bar
- Repeatability: +/- 0,15 g/l
- Power supply: 115 - 230 VAC , 50 - 60 Hz
- Operating temperature: +5°C - +35°C
- Time per measurement: ca. 5 Sec.